Sunday, May 3, 2009

What are my Qualifications?


I think my greatest strength as a piano teacher is how passionate I am about the art of teaching. I love discovering and finding new ways to reach each individual and help them learn.
I have been teaching private and group piano lessons since summer 2006. I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education, with a minor in Music from Brigham Young University. I taught several years in the public school system before deciding to teach music out of my home. I also love the piano and music and have been playing the piano now for almost 30 years; it is so rewarding for me to share that love with others.
Some of my strengths as a piano teacher are:
  • I am very organized and efficient. Students quickly learn my routines and know exactly what to expect from their lessons.
  • I communicate clearly, with both students and parents.
  • I am creative. I try to make learning fun. If something doesn't work for one student, we try it another way. I love thinking of new ways to teach things.
  • I am kind! Students learn best in a non-threatening, patient environment. This is the kind of teaching environment I strive to keep.
  • I have clear and high expectations.
  • I am an accomplished musician myself.
Many of my past parents and students offered to recommend me to my next group of potential students. You can read their recommendations by clicking on the link "What have other parents said about me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment