Saturday, May 2, 2009

What Opportunities Will My Student Have to Perform?

I believe that performing is one of the greatest motivators for practice and improvement. Because of this, I try to give my students as many opportunities to perform as possible in a variety of situations. Once a quarter in our group lessons, each student has a chance to perform for their group of peers. I also give three formal piano recitals each year: one at Christmas, one in the fall, and one in the spring.

Here are photos from a past recital. I usually have a theme at my piano recitals. This recital was my first 'costume' recital. The students were assigned to wear or bring one thing that represented their song. It was so fun! I loved seeing the creative things they chose to wear or bring.




No comments:

Post a Comment