Monday, August 22, 2011

SUMMER PIANO PROGRAM

This has been a great summer of piano! I can honestly say that as a whole, my piano students have worked harder and accomplished more this summer than in any summer past.

As you know, we have been working hard on a summer program. Each student, with my guidance, set three summer piano goals for themselves. They have worked hard to pass off their three goals, because they were working towards earning a fun end-of-the-summer party! This is the LAST WEEK for students to pass off any of their summer goals, now, and I am so impressed with how many have already accomplished this!

Once your student has passed off their three summer goals, they are able to attend a party of their choice! Please look through the party options and choose one that works best for you! RSVP by this Wednesday night, so I can know how many to plan for. Remember, I will be holding all three parties in order to accommodate schedules and interests, and you can choose any one to attend. As a reminder, the party options are listed below. TAKE NOTE: Because I had several students who were planning to be out of town this particular weekend, I changed one of the party dates for the next week.

Option 1: Friday, August 26 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Create your own cupcake party at Big Dry Creek Park! I will provide a variety of cupcakes and toppings, so students can create their own cupcake creations. There will be time to play as well, so come prepared to enjoy the playground or bring a frisbee or soccer ball to play around with. Needed: 1 or 2 parents willing to stay and help supervise if the group gets large enough. If you volunteer for this, siblings are more than welcome to join in our party as well. :)

Option 2: Saturday, August 27 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - Swimming party at my outdoor pool! Come ready to swim and enjoy a popsicle at my park when we are done! Feel free to drop off your child if he/she can swim well, but please plan to stay if your child needs more supervision.

Option 3: Friday, September 2 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. - Ice cream cones at Dad Clark Park! I will provide ice cream cones for the students. There will be time to play as well, so come prepared to enjoy the playground or bring a frisbee or soccer ball to play around with. Needed:A 1 or 2 parents willing to stay and help supervise if the group gets large enough. If you volunteer for this, siblings are more than welcome to join in our party as well. ;)

So, look over these options and email me which one you want to attend! I look forward to seeing you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment