Monday, October 12, 2015

October 'Mini' Recital!

In an effort to give my students a performing opportunity* this Fall, I have decided to hold a "Mini-Recital." This event will be for STUDENTS ONLY. Sorry parents! This will be like an informal Master Class. All my students will meet together for an hour and perform for one another as they also practice specific listening skills. Treats and some theory games will also be involved. ;) 

Here are the details:

Date: Friday, October 30th
Time: 4 - 5 p.m.
Place: My house!

Please note that we will still hold regularly scheduled lessons this week. This "Mini Recital" will be in addition to regularly scheduled lessons. For those of you who missed a lesson due to my sickness, you can use this event to replace the missed lesson, if you wish. That is completely your choice, however.

I am looking forward to seeing all my students at this fun event!

*Some of you may know that I was planning to schedule a performance opportunity for the students at a local nursing home. I thought that could be a great service and performing opportunity, and was excited about this idea. However, I have been working on it for weeks, and cannot find a nursing home that is interested, or who will even call me back. Bummer! If any of you have any connections to local nursing homes, let me know, as I think this is still a good idea worth pursuing in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment